Chuletas con salsa cabrales
The beef from northern Spain is considered the best in the country, as it is reared on excellent grazing lands. Chutetas are born-in rib steak of beef of flavor a real treat for the big meat eaters. Cabrales chees is wrapped in chestnut leaves before being matured for up to three months in caves, which gives it is distinct taste. It can be found at specialty chees stores. I like to serve the steaks on a bed of potatoes parilladas(below)-Charred Beef Ribs with Cabrales Sauce
Preparation Time:25 minutes plus, overnight chilling and marinating
- Metal grill(plancha) or barbecue
- Shallow dish
- 4 beef rib steaks
- 13-16 oz. each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Springs of fresh thyme to garnish
For the cheese butter
- 5 oz. cabrales cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Before Charred Beef Ribs with Cabrales Sauce make first,to make the cheese butter, place the cheese, butter, thyme and mustard in a blender and puree until smooth. Remove to a bowl, stir in the cream, and mix well. Scrape onto a piece of foil, shape into a log, and roll up in foil; chill overnight.
- then trim the rib streak of any excess fat. Place in a dish and season with salt and pepper. Mix the oil and garlic, pour over the steaks, and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat the metal grill or barbecue until smoking, the remove the steaks from the oil and grill for 5-6 minutes on each side for rare and 7-8 minutes for medium. Remove and let rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Finally remove the butter from the refrigerator, unroll in to remove the foil, and cut into slices; then place the butter slices on top of the steaks, garnish with thyme, and serve-melting, delicious!
- Now ready your Charred Beef Ribs with Cabrales Sauce.
Go to the My other Recipes-Click here
Go to the other site in same Recipe-Click here