(butter cake with black cherries)
Clafouti limousin is the name given to this classic French dessert, both simple to prepare and utterly delicious. Traditionally Clafouti limousin is made with unpitted wild cherries, giving it a slightly almond flavor. Other fruits, such as pears, apricots, and apples, are excellent prepare in the same way, It can say “butter cake with black cherries”
Preparation time: 50 minutes
- 1 ib. black cherries, pitted
- 4 tbsp. kirsch liqueur
- ¼ tsp. freshly grated
- Lemon zest
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- ½ cup vanilla sugar 4 eggs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- For greasing powdered sugar For dusting
- 2 bowls
- 10 in. ovenproof dish
- First,before the make Clafouti limousin, Preheat the oven to 400o F. Place the cherries in a bowl, add the kirsch and lemon zest, and set aside.
- In a pan, bring the cream, milk, almond extract, and half the sugar to a boil. Place the eggs and remaining sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy and light in texture. Add the flour and salt and salt beat until smooth. Beat in the boiled cream and milk; mix well.
- Butter the inside of an ovenproof dish thoroughly. Add the cherries, then pour the batter mixture over the cherries.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove and cool until warm, dust with powdered sugar,you have made Clafouti and serve.
- Now ready your Clafouti limousin.
Note; vanilla sugar in made by burying fresh vanilla pods, halved pods, halved and split, in a jar of sugar, which in left stand for at least four days before use.
Go to the My other Recipes-Click here
Go to the Clafouti recipe in other site-Click here