(oven- baked nicoise vegetables with herbs)
A tian nicoise is a typical Provencal dish, a gratin of layered vegetables baked in an oval or round glazed earthenware dish, or tian, from which the recipe gets its name. Practically any sliced vegetable combination can be used. This undoubtedly is one of the tastiest and simplest dishes to prepare and never fails to impress.
Preparation time 50-60 minutes
- 5 tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- large 1 red bell pepper,Halved, seeded, thinly Sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large eggplant, thinly Sliced Salt and freshly ground Black pepper
- 4 firm ripe tomatoes
- 4 small zucchinis
- 1 tsp. fresh savory leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme Leaves
- ½ cup fresh white bread Crumbs (optional)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Large frying pan
- Large baking dish
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Preheat the oven to 3750 F. heat 2 tbsp. of the oil a large frying pan, add the onion, and brown lightly. Add the sliced bell pepper, garlic, and eggplant. Season and cook over a low heat until softened, stirring occasionally, 12-15 minutes.
- When cook, sprinkle the fried vegetables on the bottom of an ovenproof baking dish. Cut the tomatoes and zucchini into ¼ in. thick rounds, then arrange them in over lapping rows on the softened vegetables.
- Sprinkle the savory and thyme on top, season well. Then drizzle the top remaining olive oil on top and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve;alternatively, sprinkle the top with the With the bread crumbs and parmesan and return to the oven for another 10 minutes to form a light crust.Both are delicious!
- Now ready your Tian nicoise
Go to the my other Recipes-Click here
Go to thi Recipe in other site-Click here