Keftedesare small Greek meatballs made of finely ground meat. Which are aslo known as bifteki.They can be fried in olive oil or chargrilled and stuffed with cheese as in this recipe. They make a great cocktail food; in Greece they are usually served as part of a meze selection.Chargrilled Meatballs with Feta
Preparation Time:1 Hour 30 minutes
- Wooden skewers
- Charcoal grill
- Plastic wrap
- Wooden spoon
- 2 large bowls
- 3 slices stale white bread
- 1 ½ lb. finely minced lamb
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- Egg 1
- Salt and freshly ground black Pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, in ½ in.cubes
- vegetable oil for grilling 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to Garnish
- First,Place the bread in a bowl, add ½ cup water, soak for 10 minutes, then remove and squeeze out of the excess water with your hands.
- In another large bowl, place the minced lamb with the bread, add the onion, lemon juice, and herbs, and mix well.
- Beat the egg well and add to the minced lamb, mixing thoroughly; season to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Wet your hands, then shape the lamb mixture in to small balls approximately 1 ½ in.in diameter. Make a small indentation in each meatball and insert a piece of feta cheese. Close up the filling and re-form into balls, ensuring that the cheese is enclosed within. Return to the refrigerator until needed.
- Then,Heat a charcoal grill or grill pan. Thread the meatballs onto small wooden(presoaked) skewers. Brush the meatballs all over with the oil, then grill for 4-5 minutes until golden and browned all over.
- Finally Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with a Greed-style salad.
- Now ready your Chargrilled Meatballs with Feta
Feta can a little salty; I recommend soaking it in warm water for 10 minutes, then draining and drying it.
Go to the My other Recipes-Click here
Go to the same Recipe in other site- Click here